For most businesses, the availability of internal and external finance and how it is structured is key to their day-to-day operations and strategic direction. We advise on all legal issues related to business activities regarding financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, investment firms and investment funds. We represent clients in procedures before relevant authorities such as, the National Bank of Republic of Macedonia, the Public Revenue Office, the Macedonian Stock Exchange and the National Depository for Securities.
- Providing legal advice on all aspects of the Macedonian banking legislation, whether it concerns the taking up of the business of banking, prudential regulations, conduct of business rules, or novel banking products being developed by the industry;
- Advising banking clients on compliance with general financial industry regulations such as consumer protection rules, personal data protection, rules against money-laundering and the financing of terrorist;
- Assisting and representing clients during negotiations of banking arrangements, we draft legal contractual documents, including collateral documentation;
- Drafting Franchise agreements, Factoring Agreements and Lease Agreements;
- Licensing assistance for obtaining financial services;
- Representing and defending our clients in court and before arbitrators concerning rights arising under banking arrangements.